Sunday, January 15, 2012

Face Care Review: L'Oreal Paris Go 360 Clean & Dead Sea Milk Moisturizer

The other day I received a huge package from Amazon with various things I'd ordered to replenish my makeup collection.  Among them were also these two facial products:




I honestly ordered these two because they were some of the cheapest I could find with Super Saver Shipping on Amazon that had decent reviews.  I thought I'd give them a chance.

First I used the L'Oreal Paris scrub during my shower.  It conveniently comes with a little scrubby pad that attaches to the bottle by sticking through the middle.  It's super cute but I really didn't like the pad that much.  It feels like a squishy jelly pad and when using it to clean my face it just didn't feel like it was doing the job.  I washed my face twice with the scrub to feel really clean.  I think I would prefer to use a mesh shower pouf or even a wash cloth.  That might just be preference on my part, though, because I like the slightly abrasive feeling that I'm digging deep into my skin to get all the gunk out.  When I wash my face, I always run hot water (but not too hot!) over my face first so I feel like I'm opening all my pores.  Then I wash my face thoroughly, and when I get out of the shower I cool my face down with a cold wash cloth to make the pores smaller.

After I had dried off some more I put on the Organic Dead Sea milk moisturizer.  The cool thing I liked about this (because I am easily amused) is that it wasn't heavy or thick like most moisturizers.  Actually it splashed around in the bottle like baby formula.  I only had to use a little bit to cover my face, and hours later, as I'm writing this, I keep touching my face because it's just soooo smooth.  I've bought some Dead Sea products before, when their kiosks pop up sporadically around my local mall I often buy their shimmery mica loose eyeshadow pots that were just so beautiful but also unfortunately lost with the rest of my cosmetics last October.  I also had lost a blush that lasted me 2+ years and still had plenty of powder left.  I can say I've never been disappointed by any of their products.  The employee's service, a little, but not the products themselves. 

I'd say this is another win for Dead Sea Ltd.  I think I'm going to use this a lot more often now, unless I somehow start breaking out badly from it.  As for the L'Oreal Paris exfoliating scrub, I did like how tight and clean my skin felt afterwards, but from now on I will probably forgo the included scrubby pad for a shower pouf or something similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment