Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Makeup Tutorial: The Ice Princess

I've been unable to update lately thanks to the startup of school. I've begun a lacto-ovo vegetarian diet and my lovely friend Adina came to visit me and eat mini chicken-less pot pies with me. :) She also let me borrow her face to practice makeup on...


The lighting in my house is terrible, I am going to need to remedy that. And also not do makeup at 8PM...

Because I got a ton of produces from eyeslipsface.com (who are presently having a FANTASTIC 50% off everything up to $15 sale) I wanted to practice them on her. I primed her skin using e.l.f.'s Mineral Face Primer ($6.00 online) and used my favorite foundation, the Sephora Collection Buildable Cover Complexion Kit for light skin, $22 at sephora.com. For blush I used Maybelline Mineral Power blush in Original Rose, $5. I lightly brushed on a bit of Maybelline Mineral Power Illuminator All-Over Sheer Shimmer Loose Powder, $3.98, over her face for a light shine.

For her eyes, I first applied the e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer in Sheer ($3 online) and then went to my trusty Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 palette ($19.95) and chose the following colors from it:

Base color: 5 over, 2 down
Shadow: 5 over, 4 down
Highlight: 6 over, first color


Eyeliner was one of the main concerns for this. Adina felt like she wasn't able to wear black eyeliner without it looking too intense, so she wanted me to help her with it.  She also, like me, has a hard time reaching out of her comfort zone of colors (pinks, golds, and browns) so she had wanted to do something with either blue or green. This palette has a WAY larger selection of blues I think so I chose to do that. Anyway, back to the eyeliner.  I purchased a TON of eyeliners from e.l.f. including my VERY FIRST liquid eyeliner. My whole life I just wore the eyeliner sticks that twisted out, because I was afraid of poking myself in the eye with the liquid brush. But Adina somehow trusted me enough to let me use her face. The liquid eyeliner I used from e.l.f. was only $1! They also have a lot of fun colors. This eyeliner goes on smoothly and looks great! Lastly for the eyes I applied Maybelline XXL Extensions ($5.99) as her mascara.

For the lips, I simply used a color from my Stila lip glaze set, "Dreamy" and covered it with a touch of Wet n Wild Megaslicks in "Crystal Clear" ($1.99). I wish the pictures had come out better but she really loved it! It was something totally new to her but she really enjoyed it, and wanted me to do her makeup before she went to class the next day haha... 

2 comments:

  1. At home to Beauty plan
    Stretch characteristic,
    Looking pro the top off cosmetic invention plus a cellulite cream, stretch characteristic cream therapy, a shank cream, or else a lip plumper If so, you hold appear to the directly location Discover, compare, and goods a variety of highly regarded and clinically proven cellulite creams, stretch characteristic creams, shank creams, and lip plumpers
    Present are many numerous ways to we can induce stretch symbolsls. Pregnancy stretch symbolsls, stretch symbolsls from ahead and trailing burden too quickly it can even exist heritable. Stretch symbolsls can meet you feel uncomfortable something like your arrival and using a stretch characteristic cream to choice piece quickly and effectively to help reduce the arrival of stretch symbolsls may perhaps exist chief to you. If you are a male or else woman who has stretch symbolsls and you crave to catch a way to reduce them, after that you crave to catch a stretch cream to has been clinically proven and made known 100% enlargement trendy the reduction of stretch symbolsls trendy because small because solitary week. Whether you hold old stretch symbolsls or else different stretch symbolsls present is a stretch characteristic cream to can piece pro you.

    ReplyDelete